20 January 2009

Goin' To The Motherland...

We are travelin' again.  Going to the Philippines from January 28-February 21... the girls are going to meet my Lolo & Lola, we will get some well-deserved R & R.  Here is our flight itinerary:
Depart LAX for an 8 hour layover in Taipei, then go to Manila.  The flight is about 11 hours from LAX to Taiwan and then 3 hours to Manila.  I chose the long layover... because I thought we could get the kids out and stretch out for a bit.  We are very excited and started the packing process. Any suggestions for long trips?  I am against baby Benadryl thing... only because it seems a bit dangerous.  I am hoping the girls are like me and the minute the cabin is pressurized they will knock out.  But who knows?
Anyway, I think we have made the concious decision that travel is always going to be in our family lifestyle.  We will just have to make it so-  not get that extra TV or have two cars and we will go on one or two big trips a year, depending on how much time Papa can get off.  
Here is what we are packing in our new Dadgear Baby Backpack...
20 diapers for Memmy
15 Diapers for MP
A big Package of Wipes
Sunscreen
tissue
diaper rash cream
first aid kit
Mama's Twilight Book
Mama's Dexter Book
Cash
Passports
a pair of pajamas for each girl
matching purple velour outfits for the girls
hair ties for me and MP
Formula
Bag of toiletries
crayons
small books
object cards
mirror
coloring books
hooter hider
lanolin
three disposable bottles
extra nipple
bottle liner
in papa's back pack:
DVD Player
Ipod
Camera
I am writing an article about travel with young babies and young children.  This seems to be the best forum for it since most people who read it either have kids or are expecting kids.  I started to pitch it because i haven't seen any articles, even on the internets.  So, I will be reporting on what kind of formula, diapers and stuff you should bring and what stuff to leave behind.  Anyway, hope all is well with everyone.  


4 comments:

Rachel said...

hooter hider.
hahaha. oh you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mini Peaves & Memmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

Meh. Do me a favor "anonymous," we all know who you are, please post this in the appropriate place. This blog is for my family & friends.

Last warning: do not mess with my family. Or you will more than hear it from me.

Post it in, perhaps, my travel blog? I actually was writing this for notes because I am trying to sell a travel article regarding travel with small children and toddlers, which seems to be a popular subject on message boards. And most of the people who read this are people with kids. Oh, and I got my tickets for SUPER cheap from this cool travel concierge, you should recommend her to all your friends. (wink). This is sarcasm.