19 November 2007

Doing things By the Book and Thanksgiving.

This is an old picture that I love.
I don't mean, doing things by the book during Thanksgiving. I have two different topics I would like to discuss. It's great, because I have a shitload of work, and instead of doing it I will release my thought onto this blog that have nothing to do whatsoever about inventory sheets, or student packages.
Okay, so you know parenting these days has an abundance of literature and resources for just about everything under the sun. You can read how to teach your children on tying their shoelaces, disciplining, feeding etc etc. I have tried my hardest to do things the way "the pediatricians" say to do it. Just today, as MP is one the 5th day of her second month, I realize I am gonna be killing myself slowly if I do EVERYTHING the peditaricians say. I mean damn, how did I and my two sibling survive sleeping on our bellies? Or I can't believe I don't have a flat head from laying on my back as a baby all the time, or why didn't my mom brush my ONE tooth when it first popped out and why did I not get periodontal disease as an infant? Because if it were up to the American Association of Pediatric Dentists, all parents should brush their kids teeth until they are NINE years old, and moms should breast feed until they are 4! Also, we are supposed to floss our teeth every time we brush our teeth- which should take at least a good ten minutes according to "them." So, I have broken down the day if we do it according to the experts:

5am-520- wake up. Look at MP, and turn her on her back if she is on her belly so as to avoid SIDS, and her choking on her own spit. Change her diaper, put diaper rash cream on her to avoid diaper rash.
520-6am Put her in the crib while I wash my hands with soap because I just changed her diaper. Brush my teeth (10 minutes), floss, wash my face, exfoliate, put sunscreen on if I am going out as to avoid skin cancer, wrinkling, E Coli and Gingivitis.
6am-7am feed her (breast feed) if I am not, make sure my hands are washed and cleaned in order to prepare her formula. Make sure there are iron supplements in her formula and or rice cereal. But make sure she has something fiber-ey because iron will constipate her.
7am-Change her diaper again, because she might get a diaper rash, give her water so she doesn't get dehydrated because she is starting solids and those starchy carrots and sweet potatoes will surely suck all the moisture out of her.
720 lay her on the floor to get excercise on a well vacumed floor so she avoids allergens and any small items so she won't choke. Make sure there aren't any balloons, plastic bags, a draft, stuffed animals with small fur, unsupervised dogs, cats, fish, frogs, bleach, cleaning supplies, lotions, powder, water deeper than one inch, hot water, or any other woodland creatures that might carry rabies. Allow her to crawl a little bit but not too far because there are shelves with heavy items that could fall on her if there was an earthquake or if for some reason she miraculously walked across the room and pulled herself up. Oh, I can't forget the electrical outlets and open doors, cabinets and stairs without safety gates, pools and Carbon monoxide poisoning and any or all of those things put together and you have a very unsafe baby.
It is now 9am- I have made sure MP is hovering in the air with my magic wand. Wingardium Leviosa. It went on like that. If you want more of this, I am sure I can whip something up.

Anyway, I was talking to Kimay the other day... what are you all bringing to Thanksgiving? When do we start bringing things to Thanksgiving? Because one day in the future, we won't be the kids and there will be no food! Just a thought. A scary thought.

6 comments:

li'l momma said...

Good Lord, if we even had time to do everything pediatricians & doctors say, I wouldn't want to hang out with the type of kids that kind of over-care produces!! As for Thanksgiving, um, just bring that swing over. :) I think we still have a year of bumming off the parentals before we have to absolutely start bringing food to parties. (At least, I HOPE we still have a year...)

Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

I was just scared there wouldn't be food in the future. My tummy... I get weird about food. =0 I will bring the swing. =)

WestCoBina said...

LOL!!!! i love it! my phobia right now is germs. insanely paranoid. i carry anti-bac lotion and use it like i have OCD. i'm only creating an invincible super-mega-ultra bacteria.

and what's this business about bringing food? you REALLY want me to cook? i saw that steak andy made. i think people with the skills should cook.

GroovyMelon said...

Dude! Do not show this blog post to my mom cause she will take your mock daily routine literally! talk about paranoid...her new thing is lead. I know that there have been a lot of things recalled cause of lead in paint but geez, she takes it to a whole other level! She thinks all toys, make up, gloss, candy, and the toilet paper i wipe my ass with contains lead.

Evan said...

We all turned out alright didn't we? I used to think mothballs were gumballs. And what do pediatricians think about kids being taught to swim by being thrown into the middle of a pool when they're 2? What happened to kids eating gluesticks and their boogers?

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Now I know you're all mom's because the only one who really knows what to do for your own kid is YOU! Even Britney would know what to do if she wasn't so jack and coked up! Until I get an auntie invite to bring something to Thanksgiving, I think we're all ok.