Hey everyone! MP got her 4 month shots today and I dunno about you, but shots always tucker me out. Add a bunch of financial burdens all coming at us at once, Papa's Birthday surprise (the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel this week) and a little scare we had about mini peaves and hip displacia... I have had a pretty trying day.
Let me start off by the beginning of this month when I went to the emergency room, "for NO reason." I got up at an unusual 3am to feed the baby and I fell down from being so dizzy. I couldn't shake the dizzy off and my blood pressure was really high. It felt like I drank a bottle of tequila and had just gone partying with Tom Dehl again. But, no such luck... at about 430 am, Papa, MP and I went to Grammy and Poppy's house where we dropped off MP, then went to Scripps Memorial where they stuck an IV in me, gave me a Cat Scan and proceeded to tell me that the reason I didn't feel good was because I was dizzy. By that time, I was nauseated as well. So I have vertigo. Oh, Papa had the flu when he took me to the ER too. A few days later, MP got the cough, it went away and then I got it full blown for a couple days. Oooh, I started Geppetto's again as well. So, bear with me until I get it all in order. We are also busy at work now getting ready for the buggers in September and Geppetto's summer stuff is happening in full blast.
I dunno about you, but being this busy- with a baby, having two part-time jobs with one car, and also being sick is not making me a happy camper these days. Ugh, off with this Muggle World!
Accio fifty-thousand dollars!
Accio second car!
DON'T READ PAST THIS LINE IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED DEATHLY HALLOWS- SPOLIER WARNING!
So anyway, the Deathly Hallows...
Loved it. I don't think I have ever been attached to so many characters and people in a world that doesn't really exist. First of all, JK Rowling didn't disappoint with her close to the series. After the first couple chapters and Hedwig gets it, I knew she meant business. It answered all my questions and it made a great book. I was also surprised at how she told Snape's story- I never would have guessed that he just plainly loved Lily.
Crying Points:
When Snape tells Dumbledore he always has loved Harry.
Dobby's funeral.
When Harry goes to face Voldemort and Sirius, Lily and James are there.
Dudley's bumbling love for Harry.
Scariest part:
Realizing something was wrong at the Lovegoods.
The woods with Harry and Ron and Hermione.
Coolest Gadget: Hermione's Bag
HOWEVER...
I have a complain to make. The book was too short. If Order of the Pheonix was about 200 pages longer why couldn't we add more to Deathly Hallows? I wish there was more funerals at the end so we could bury our dead. I wish there was more Weasely stuff after Fred and I wish I knew what happened with Teddy Tonks. I wish I knew how Lupin and Tonks were killed. I wish there was about 100 more pages after the Battle at Hogwarts. I wish McGonagal was in it more. I wish there was time for the rowling to finish up her characters- at least the main ones and maybe do less with Fleur and Charlie, but it's the sacrifice you make with the world building.
2 comments:
Finally!! (Yeah, I know impatient blog readers don't help the whole "way too busy" thing...)
I feel like I need to read the book again already.
I think a few of my faves were when Big Black's patronus showed up at the wedding ("The ministry has fallen"). How Hedwig's death was the perfect symbolic device to show that Harry was done with Hogwarts and could no longer feel safe anywhere. The whole King's Cross chapter... that was awesome, and so was Harry having the balls to let himself be killed. Ron coming back. Hermione's reaction. Dang, this was a gooooooood book.
And while I, too, wish that Jo would have told us everything, I liked her explanation of not going on and on with the epilogue. (worth checking out a HP fan site to read)
It's settled. I'm reading it again, starting now.
Another thing I like is that Jo's characters STAY dead, with the exception of Harry.
Post a Comment