10 July 2010

Work, Work Work

Concierge:
So, being back in the concierge grind has been extremely fun. Im so glad to be back in a position where I don't have to worry so much about bringing all the baggage home with me. I get to work with the nicest people, and the perks are amazing. I still have this horrible, aching feeling that I miss the little girls so much when I am gone. We've got it down so our schedules cross, which is great for the girls, but we aren't always on a great eating schedule. I keep trying to get myself to do all of this stuff... like a cleaning schedule, a feeding/eating schedule and other things. By the end of the day, I just want to do the sleep thing- once the girls are down. I guess that's just normal for busy two income families. After a lot of simplifying of our lifestyle during our move (counted 22 trash bags of giveaways to AMVETS.) We still have a garage full of crap. We want to spend our time hanging out together, and enjoying each other's company more than spending money on useless, materialistic objects. This was hard for our family because on both sides, our families love our "stuff." But after moving, you learn to discard quickly. Anyway, I digress again.

Myla started ballet the other day and my heart melted to see her through the glass. She did so well for her first day, and we realized that she isn't a soccer girl. Myles is growing so quickly into her own thing, Memmy too. Myla is more reserved, a little more shy than Memmy and is the sweetest most intuitive person I have ever met. She just has really good instincts, and I find is quite graceful when it comes to most things. She is enjoying ballet immensely and just thinking about her right now makes me want to go into her room and bite her leg. Memmy on the other hand is an adorable little firecracker. She is pretty intense. her newest thing is a fist bump and calling "Mee-Mee" (her sister Myla) in her deep voice. Emmy has been a bit tougher than Myles as far as the discipline goes, and her weapon is the fact that she has super deep dimples, and big brown eyes. No one can stay mad at Memmy long. Hold on, let me go to her room and bite her too.

Upcoming Trips? We are always dreaming of stuff to do. We have a Huntington Library trip coming up. With 29 dollar Hampton Inn or 39 dollar Embassy Suites, you can't go wrong. I think the best thing about working at a hotel is the hotel perks. We have some overnights here and there, and I have a small road trip planned for August. You will probably end up hearing about it later.

No comments: