The girls have been adapting nicely to our new fancy Euro-Style-common-area digs. The transition have been so much for poor Myles, but she is taking everything like a trooper and we are succeeding in raising two wonderful young women. Emmy, will be happy wherever she can knock things down and use her mind powers to control everyone around her, so she's been great as well.
We have decided that from now on, moving forward, we are going to try our hardest to be more positive people. I am not going to go into details... but overall, being good, well... feels good. Also learning from past wrongs, and being able to understand that people's actions I can't really control, has lifted so much weight from my shoulders. Realizing that some of good friends, weren't really the kind that would have stuck with you, was hard, -but over. I'm glad I found out now, rather than later down the road when they would have needed some kind of guidance or comfort from me. Needless to say, I have been working on it and so has Papa. Not just with being positive, but with our jobs, and with the move and other household duties. Like I said in a previous post, we are starting new, and hope we can really help and take care of what is important to us. So no more taking friends and family for granted... and no more dwelling on unimportant people and things!
Transition to materialism: we threw out a bunch of stuff and are planning for a big garage sale, which is another post altogether altogether. Our space has been reduced, so a lot of our stuff had to be given away. At first, I thought it would be hard (some of it was) but, it felt GREAT to give away our stuff. Am-Vets was happy to get, 25 Trash Bags full of clothing and household items from our house. And we also gave a lot of our baby stuff to a young couple starting out- and they were very grateful for it. Papa and I were just glad to give our girls' things to a family who would really use it, and love it as much as we did. I know it's just stuff, but when you give away your baby carrier where you took both your babies home in from the hospital... it hits ya, square in the chest. And then you see it's going to another loving couple, who will use it and love their baby in it, well, it takes out ALL the sting. As part of our reformation, we felt like we were being owned by stuff, and it was smothering us. But no more of that, really, the stuff was never really being used.
Myla's Birthday is coming up and we have 2 cute little days planned with with family and friends. She has recently discovered CHUNKIN CHEESE (haha), much to Emmy's dismay- because she HATES the person dressed like the big rat- and screams in horror and climbs my face. And we have Sea World passes. Mim also has discovered the limelight, which she holds high on her head like a crown. She likes princess stuff, but I told her they had no power. So, she's looking into Pharoah's and Empresses. Myla is starting soccer with Coach Bethy again. We are also looking into ballet, gymnastics and karate. In light of the recent SD news about Chelsea King, I want both my girls to be able to defend themselves in case (which it WON'T) anyone should be unfortunate enough to try to attack one of them. Also, learning to fight with swords is good training for a zombie invasion. That's another post again.
So have a good week folks... will blog at you next week when I tell you about Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
No comments:
Post a Comment