

Myles is growing like a weed. We signed her up for Rascalz soccer, which is like, preschool for soccer kids. We wanted to get her out in the sunshine, with kids her own age group (2-4 years old), and have her attain a good set of social skills. Now, there aren't any organized games until they are about 4 years old, this is pretty much Myles and a bunch of other toddlers running around on the pitch, with a few soccer balls, having fun. We went today to get her some new shoes for rascalz soccer, (just flatter, softer, athletic shoes, no cleats). She has been walking around in size 6 toddler shoes, and it turns out after getting fit properly, she is actually a size 8! We bought these New Balance shoes, that she LOVES and seems to be super comfortable in. We will see how Myles likes or dislikes soccer for the next 8 weeks.
As far as her diet goes, she is absolutely in the picky toddler stage. It's rough. But I am pretty sure she will be fine. We found a chicken nugget in the stroller today, from when she was stuffing them in places.
Mentally, she is speaking in full sentences already, and today, she surprised me by using the word "either" in a sentence. She said, "Wanna go to Sea World, Mama. Myla sad now." (because we weren't getting ready fast enough.) then she added, "Emily is not happy either." Geesh. Tough crowd.
Another thing that surprised me about Myles is that a few months ago, she was looking at the pages of the book and she goes, "oh an R!" and she was able to identify all the letters she saw. She can also identify numbers and can count to 20. So she's on her way!
Now Emmy!!! Okay, Emmy took her first steps yesterday, she weighs about 20 pounds, and is just crawling everywhere she can possibly crawl. She eats anything she is allowed to eat, as well as things she isn't allowed to eat. She is 9 months old, and loves to figure stuff out on her own. I'm gonna take her to Gymboree classes individually. Emmy loves everything her sister does and gets angry when she is not included. We have to make sure we always ask her if she wants to do it too, otherwise, she gets pretty cranky. She eats table food, has four teeth and doesn't like baby food in jars. She sleeps through the night and has for awhile, and is an overall delight to be around. I can't be apart from her for very long, or I start to get the shakes.
One thing we love about having number 2 baby, is that we are basically pros at what used to be, the cariest parts of parenthood. You know when you have your first baby and you are suuuuper careful about everything? Like sterilizing everything, and you freaked out when he/she ate a day old cheerio from under the couch? Or when you time the formula feedings so precisely, that when it goes a minute past the hour and you haven't refrigerated it, it goes down the drain? Well, with a second baby, those days are gone my friends. I think we are pretty secure in our paternal pants. (Hey! That was a free plug for our friend Jack!) We now know the unknown, and no longer freak out about stuff that is totally unnecessary.
In other news, we decided that it was a good idea to enter the girls in some modeling gigs, on the suggestion of my friend, whose daughter had done it also. They were able to save a pretty substantial amount of money for their daughter's college, and she only did it when she was 2-3 years old. We took their agent's phone number and are hoping with enough jobs, college won't be a huge worry for our family. We will see how this all pans out. We got a permit to work, and a few meetings and I will update about that once we know. We also, will be opening a trust account where 15% of the gross paychecks from any gigs they get are put away also, which is great. This sounds good in theory, and we are aiming for adverts for clothing and baby and toddler products. I feel it best to start small in this business, and then if something more comes out of it, and it suits one or both of the girls, then fine. If not, no biggie. The only problem is me, being able to stand other stage moms who take this shit very seriously. Again, I will have to say, "we'll see."
So, we are a busy bunch of bees. I am really not so sure what to make of this busy-lifestyle, but I cant seem to slow it down any right now. Mostly wanna take everything one day at a time, and we will share our adventures with you as they go! I love the fact that our heat wave has dissipated and we are moving on to cooler weather.
4 comments:
Such a fun entry-- I am always so amazed at how fast Emmy and Myles are growing up! I adore the pic of Emmy cuddling with Andy... and smiling contently! Awww!
WOW...they are both so cute....love the pictures :):):) Hope you all are doing well. Declan is doing great and growing sooo fast!!!
I love this post! The girls are morphing again... I almost can't even recognize Emmy, she's so big now! Miss you guys. I hope we can get together soon!
Thanks ladies! Carrie! Declan is SO cute! he's Chris' Mini Me! Argh, he is an old soul... you can already tell and just from pics. We hope to see you guys before he gets much bigger! When will you be in town???
Chamina- I know! where the heck are you??
Trisha- Thanks chica! We need to find another day to hang... when the place we are at doesn't close. LOL! =)
Post a Comment